What to Do When a Death Occurs:
You may be faced with making arrangements when a death occurs in your family. You will have to gather
information, make decisions and contact many people. All this must be done in a short time frame and
during an emotionally difficult period. The responsibility can feel overwhelming.
Please remember that you are not alone. The family and staff at Hickey & Son Funeral Home are available
24 hours a day to help guide you through some of the decisions and choices you will need to make.
It will be necessary to schedule a meeting to complete funeral arrangements. We have assembled the
following list of questions you will need to answer and information that you will need to collect.
Information about the deceased that will be needed:
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Fatherís full name
- Mother's full name (including maiden name)
- Highest level of education
- Marital Status (including maiden name)
Items to bring to the meeting:
- Burial Clothing (full attire, including undergarments; shoes are optional)
- Recent photograph (for the newspaper and the hairdresser)
- Family pictures from young to the present day for display at the service
- Veteranís discharge papers (Form DD 214)
- Life Insurance Policies
- Cemetery Information
Other Choices to Consider:
- The day and time for the funeral service
- Minister for the service
- Special music (recorded music, live vocal selections)
- List of pallbearers and their contact information
- List of club and civic organization memberships to which the deceased belonged
- Special interests of the deceased
- An appropriate charity to which memorial contributions can be made.
Please enter your start location below.
You may enter your complete address, or just your city and state.